How much does your 8 month old weigh?

My daughter is 8 months old today she is 14 1/2 lbs and 26.6"

I know that she is small (so was her sister) But just wondering how big your 8 month old is

twogirlsandmore

Asked by twogirlsandmore at 1:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She sounds PERFECT to me. What other people's babies weigh really isn't important...you can only measure your child based on where she started.

Mine was HUGE compared to yours...but he also STARTED big. But that matters not at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• She was 7.13 at birth and she is perfect to me. I dont think anything is wrong with her I'm just curious how much other 8 month olds weigh
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 1:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• wow.... i have NO IDEA how tha would feel! lmao! my son was 7.15 at birth and hit 26 lbs at 6mos and just hung there! he is a biiiiig boy! my god daughter tho is 2 1/2 n JUST went into 18 mos clothes, and can still wear some of her 12 mos. babies all can range so much!
    K_Chel

Answer by K_Chel at 6:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My 8 month old DS is about 16 lbs. He's just now starting to chunk up a little. Btw, he started out at 7 lbs 14oz.
    mom2ben

Answer by mom2ben at 8:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Are you sure she's thriving okay? My daughter is 4 months and weighs that much, and isn't even in the 50th percentile for weight. I can't imagine what an 8 month old at that weight would be at percentile wise. Does her pediatrician say it's okay? That just sounds extremely little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my 8 month old weighs about 22 pounds. He is very long and no he's not fat. I hate it when people say a baby is fat!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my son was born @ 6 lbs 5 oz. @ 8 months he weighs 23 lbs, but like the PP my son is long and thick... his doctors said its because i exclusively breastfeed. still..everyone is right though every baby is different, like every pregnancy is different :)

and to the anonymous poster above mominbolt, my bosses 1year old daughter is the same weight as my son (23 lbs) and her doctor says shes fine.
    MaturingMommy

Answer by MaturingMommy at 9:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My 8 month old is 19lbs
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 10:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My daughter started off at 8 lbs and was 14 lbs at 8 months, 16 lbs at a year. She's 2 now and about 22 lbs, she's just little, but not abnormally so and not unhealthy, in fact she's always been a great eater. Some kids are just smaller.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my son is 19lbs but he is 28inches if not more when dr check him he was in the 70%range
    momma051209

Answer by momma051209 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010