Is an internet relationship considered an affair?

I recently found my ex boyfriend and first love on the Internet. He and I have been getting closer and having cyber/phone sex over the past couple sof weeks. We would never pursue this relationships because I am married. Is this consider cheating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• yes, because you are thinking sexual thoughts with another man and i am prettysure your husband wouldn't appriciate that, my husband agrees.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• YES it is a form of cheating. There is something missing in your marriage for you to even consider going outside of your marriage to have contact with your ex like this. Anytime you are talking to another man besides your husband like you are doing it is cheating. I suggest thinking about what you feel like if this was your husband doing this to you. I don't think you would care much for it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• YES!! You are having an emotional and somewhat sexual relationship just because it isn't in person doesn't make it ok or not an affair. Your poor husband.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Considering it's your ex and you know the person I would say that is crossing the line. I know there is fantasy worlds and stuff like that where the two people don't know each other havne't seen each other and stuff. But you knew him and have real life memories with him. I'd be careful if i were you.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes, I consider what you are doing to be cheating. My basic rule is that if I wouldn't want to tell him about it, then it's cheating. So, you ask yourself, would you be ok telling him you did this? I'm betting the answer is no, so it's cheating.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I don't think it's cheating

Answer by admckenzie at 8:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• yes
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Cyber sex...oh yeah, emotional cheating for sure. You are married, respect that, respect yourself, and your husband. If you want to be with this other man, and he is worth leaving your marriage for, then fine, but at least get rid of the man you have before you move on. It is the adult thing to do. Oh and keep in mind, the grass is always greener until you have to mow it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I would have to say it is an emotional affair which IMO is far more dangerous than a physical one. You talk and share your feelings and before you realize it you are emotionally attached and from there is it a short jump to a physical affair. I have heard, "it just happened" well, it does not just happen, it sneaks up on you because you are open and comfortable with him because you feel he undestands you. Right now you say you will not pursue it because you are married but what if he ask you to meet him for a harmless cup of coffee and you think sure no harm in that, then coffee turns into lunch and then dinner and before you realize it you are involved in a physicial affair.
    Anonymous

• to me...doing anything with someone that you wouldn't want your s/o doing with someone else...is cheating.
    each relationship will obviously have it's own "definition" of cheating.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010