37 weeks and getting really nervious ; (

I am 37 weeks today and sooo excited my little boy will be here soon but at the same time the closer it gets to him being here the more nervous and scared i get. What is labor really like before u get the epidural if that is your choice? I never got braxton hicks through this pregnancy but i think i have been having them for the past week because its a pain i have never had but not too horrible to where i think i need to go to the ER its just a pain that makes u curl your toes and take a breath and not in a good way lol. I have also been getting cramps in the upper thighs that feel like Charly horses. Im just really scared of what the real contractions are going to feel like cause i barley know what a braxton hicks feels like so please someone help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't you worry! Your baby will get here! One way or another ;o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Deep breaths momma :) It will happen as it happens and you can't do a lot to change HOW it will happen. Just remember the end result is a beautiful baby to love and you will get through it :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Contractions are like really, really REALLY bad period pains. It's hthe same sort of thing going on. With the period pains, your womb is contracting to get rid of the unused lining, with contractions it's the same thing, only what they're putting out is a baby.
    No matter what they feel like, they won't last forever. They come, and go, never to be seen again.
    They hurt, but you can deal with it :) you will be okay.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i didn't have an epidural and i can tell you that labor for me was not nearly as painful as i thought it would be. it's different for everyone of course but really the way they show it on TV is just to make things dramatic and get ratings.

i never had braxton hicks at all btw.

it might help if you read a good book about birth like "ina mays' guide" to build your confidence. with my first, i read "easing labor pain" twice during my pregnancy. i was still scared to be honest but i think reading stuff like that helped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2010