Not sleeping always wantting more food...

My son cant have milk prontine, so they put him on elecare and a all you can eat diet. so now hes 6 months old and still isnt sleeping at night... every hour on the hour sometimes 2-4 hours if we give him his special powered food he will sleep for thoe hours. No matter what we do he wont take more then 2-4 oz of formula in a feeding then wants more little bit later.. No matter what we try he never takes more then that. I need to get some sleep we have tried everything. In the day time he will sleep for 2-5 mins and then wake up and want more food then too but just a min ago he was getting sick from eatting because he was blocked up and still hasnt pooped.... Stressed out and tried... ANYONE! help me the doctors dont know what do to....

dominicsmommy79

Asked by dominicsmommy79 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• He is only six months old. He won't sleep through the night because you want him to. Many babies don't sleep through the night until after their second birthday.

My daughter was eight months old, the first time she slept six solid hours (the definition of sleeping through the night); she was 14 months old when she started sleeping through the night on a regular basis. You just need to sleep when the baby sleeps, and don't worry about housework. Is there a grandparent who can keep the baby for a night?

I don't know what to tell you about the constipation; my daughter was breastfed and never had that issue. If you don't have any physical issues, contact the La Leche League or a lactation consultant regarding relactation.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Well see their wasnt milk their after i had him.. i know all babies are different but he doesnt sleep like never and during the day he sleeps for like 5 or 10 mins... i couldnt mind if he would sleep like 3 hour or even 2 but this every hour thing is for birds.... i have talked to everyone they dont know why or how to fixed it...
    dominicsmommy79

Answer by dominicsmommy79 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010