sleep in pregnancy is this normal? plus a question about movement? please give advice!

i am 13 weeks pregnant and so far i havent been able to stay out of bed but latly i cant go to sleep is this normal? one more thing i was 115 prior to pregnancy and i am not showing at all unless i eat and get full lol but latly i think i might feel a bit of movement like when i sneeze could i possibly be feeling my little angel? thanks for all your feed back im new to cafe moms and i am ADDICTED LOL

tanostyna

Asked by tanostyna at 2:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal about the sleep! When i was prego with my daughter I slept great until the third trimester and then I was awake at 2 or 3 am every day! i figure it is just natures way of getting you used to less sleep when the baby is born. :-) If I remember correctly I didn't really start "showing" until I was about 16 or 17 weeks along. It pretty much happends overnight so be prepared...now that I am 7 weeks prego with baby#2 I look like I am 4mo along! It is crazy! Congrats on your baby and welcome to cafemom!
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• The sleep is very, very normal.. In my first trimester I had RLS .. ( restless leg syndrome ) and a bit of insomnia, the only thing you can do it take a lil bit of benadryl and see if it puts you to sleep. But, pregnancy can also affect you in making you super super tired.. just depends. It should get better, and you should start to get your energy back in the coming weeks. Also, everyone on the planet carries thier babys differently, even super skinny women can not "show" until the 5th or 6th month.. just depends on your body. :)
    SammiStar

Answer by SammiStar at 4:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i think it's really normal that you aren't showing. also i think the sleep thing is normal. i'm 15 weeks, and i have been falling asleep ok at bedtime, but then i wake up to pee in the middle of the night and lay awake for an hour or 2 so that really sucks! it does seem a bit early to feel movement so it could be gas, but who knows! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2010