an unwanted pregnancy and being happy

has anyone else not been happy about there pregnancy at first due to financial issues, or other worries? but was happier further along in your pregnancy or after the baby came? did everything work itsself out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• anyone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• There have been millions of women that have felt this way. They may not admit it but there are those that have. I was in shock for the first month. My family helped me thru my feelings. I now have a beautiful 14 year old son that is my life. After I laid eyes on my son it was love at first sight!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• what if family might not be supportive?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes. I was pregnant with my third and it was stressful at first. But, really it works out. The family will come around in time. If they are stubborn...well, ya can't pick family. Or babies. Life goes on. ENJOY your baby. And congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It is normal to have many mixed feelings. There are decisions that can only be made by the mother. There are support groups in many areas. You need to surround yourself with people that support you and your decisions. There are many women that are not blessed to have a child, and would give their left arm to be able to have a child. A baby is never a burden but a true gift. If you continue to have mixed feelings then maybe you can weigh your options and find support from others.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• With my first, for sure. My family was not supportive, his family was not happy, we were young, we were not good financially, etc, etc.
    Long story short: we are happily married, have two boys, our own company, a mortgage, two cars, and a dog. I wouldn't say life is perfect for us, but it is getting better all the time. It has been a lot of work, but worth it for sure.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• YES! I have three boys and on my youngest sons 1st birthday i found out i was pregnant with #4! I was so mad! I was in college and had a husband that worked rotating shifts plus we were broke! Just recovering from a bankrupsy and my husband had been out of work on an injury before that! Plus my mom died when i was pregnant! Our family thought i was crazy or stupid but I live all my kids and the Lord will provide. Pray for strength and be happy! A baby is a blessing even if you dont think its the right time God does! He knew us all before we were born!
    We are so happy to have our little girl!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Everyone's situation is different. Unplanned does not always equal unwanted.

Hopefully, you and your (I am not sure of the correct word) man had a discussion, before beginning a sexual relationship, on what to do if your birthcontrol failed. Revisit that conversation, and considered the agreement that you both made.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• well my family is generally supportive so that helps. but at the beginning of this pregnancy i was thinking it was the biggest mistake of my life and that i would no way be able to take care of 2 kids, financially or otherwise. i was so down about the pregnancy and only felt negative things about having a baby. now i'm 15 weeks and i feel much more positive and excited. we are working hard to get on our feet financially but it's going to take a long time.

(also this pregnancy was planned! but after i got pregnant, hormones just took over.)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2010