have a question not sure where to ask.

i wanted to see if i could find the answer online before having to go back to the dr on the 27th. this is my 2nd pregnancy and i have a daughter that has juvenile arthritis within the last 6months she was fine before then one day it happened. i wouldn't think it would be genetic but i wonder if this baby has a chance of having it later? i just want this baby to be fine. and my daughter is getting better she may even outgrow it.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 6:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sorry mama i dont have an answer but here is a bump for ya...i hope someone knowsbump

MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 6:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• if it is rheumatoid arthritis then it is likely that there is a genetic link and it is more common in girls, but I am not sure if there is any way of telling if your next child will be affected or if it will happen in childhood or adulthood. My SIL has RA but it didn't set in until she was in her 30's. She has an older sister who was never afflicted with it. So I guess in short, there is no way of knowing if your second child will have it, but just because your first child does it does not mean the second will absolutely have it too.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2010