Has anyone tried the 3 day potty training method? Or any advice for potty training 26 month old boy?

Tee1123

Asked by Tee1123 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used it for both of my older children (10 & 12 now - I think they called it 72/75 then - 72 hours, and $75 for carpet cleaning), and will use it for my youngest son who just turned 2. It worked great! I waited until they showed the signs they were ready (waking up dry, showing interest in the potty, telling me when they were dirty). I bought underwear with characters on them they liked, and we talked about how they didn't want to get their big boy/girl underwear dirty. We also made a big deal about their "big boy/girl potty." My son was completely trained after 3 days, my daughter took a few days longer. I refuse to use pull-ups; they're just diapers with elastic!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'd like that info on 3 day potty training too for our 2 1/2 year old son. One of my mom's co workers does this with her kids at home.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I have been interested in that as well. The first poster probably has great advice, but I think the 3 day method you are talking about, they really don't need to show many signs and they do not have to wake up dry. (It would help, but she says at the beginning of the book, that she can help train the most stubborn of children, as long as they are at least 2 years old)

I would like to know if anyone specifically used the three day book and website as well. We are about to train and I have been considering it!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Our son just got pottly trained. We just had him sit on the potty and he read until he went to the bathroom. Soon he got used to the feeling and would make him self go as soon as he sat down. After about 2 weeks of that we just put him in underwear. He had one accident when we first put them on, stopped himself, and ran to the potty to finish. Since then he's rarely had accidents, and that's when we don't remind him to go and try. He was just ready and it was really easy for us. He was day time potty trained by 23 months. I put a diaper on him at night and naptime, but he usually wakes up dry anyway. We co-sleep, so I'm not brave enough to let him sleep in undies yet. I don't want to wake up in a puddle of pee in the middle of the night! Haha.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2010