I did it again...

Had a horrible morning with the kids, yelling, rushing. I just want things to run smooth.

Am I the only one?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my (now) grown dd's were in school it was a screaming match every day of the week... sometimes I wondered if it would
    ever go smoothly...
    I started setting the alarm 30 mins earlier, pre-set backpacks, lunches, homework all the night before... then we got into the
    habit of our showers being done in the evening just before bed so all the girls had to do was hair in the morn...
    After one full school yr we finally got in to run pretty smoothly...
    Now I am raising a grandson and he is 8 ... but our household runs extremely smoothly in the mornings... we have had a few
    crazy morns, i.e ... missing gloves, hats, can't find last min indoor play item... library book...etc... but those are very far and few between. Now everything is done the nite before no matter what... clothes are laid out, if something is needed special I wash the night b4... lunches, backpacks, dh's work items, all set up the nite b4.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No, I try to do a lot the night before so that my mornings aren't so hectic
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Nope...maybe get up earlier? My DH always rushes about too and I keep saying GET UP EARLIER! lol easier said than done I know....hang in there....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I was that way all the time. I have set my alarm clock earlier. I hate getting up earlier but I have found the yelling and rushing are no longer there. We do have a few times where we do have to rush it happens but I don't get upset like I use to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• we have a routine
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Not a good way to start the day.

My child is easy to get ready in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• ********************************
    I hate it!!!!

No it stinks!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I did too. It makes me feel awful all day.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Maybe send your kid to anon's house... I mean since their kid is easy to get ready...why not? lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2010