What to do with a 7 yr old kisser?

I have a 7 yr old boy who kisses girls at school and we moved him so he wouldn't do it and we spanked him and told him no and he did it at the new school.
My mom told him that when he gets older and he finds the right woman then she would be heart broken that you kissed other girls before.

gfof3

Asked by gfof3 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Please ignore the first Anon. It IS a big deal because it can and will get him in trouble when he does this at school. Even in elementary school, sexual harassment is very real. I almost had a 4th grade student (not my child, my student) expelled for writing love notes to girls in the class and they didn't like it. Kissing girls who don't like it is even more serious. It used to be fun and games, and messing around, but not in this day and age. You must get it into his head that it is not appropriate. Good luck.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Just let him be. It sound like he's already got the whole mom doesn't want me to so i'm going to do it attitude. If it become a really big problem, like he's getting kicked out of school or girls parents are getting really angry then you can take more drastic action. But if he's just chasing them around trying to kiss them or being innocent about it I would let it be for now. Oh and don't tell him he'll regret anything when he's older until he's older. He's too little to understand and it won't help. Even when they're teenagers they're pretty sure they'll never see the day they get to drive a car let alone get married, have kids, turn 40.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'd try to find out the reason for the need to give affection to someone. I was a kisser at a young age but I was seeking intimacy and attention from others that I wasn't getting at home. My dad left when I was five and my mom was too busy for me. Maybe a few counseling sessions might enlighten you as to his real issue.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• This can actually get him kicked out of the school. If he's interested in sports, etc then I'd tell him kissing=no football, baseball, etc. Talk to his teacher and see if there's a certain time of the classroom that he's doing it and maybe you can change something there. Maybe even doing a sticker chart for everytime the teacher says he didn't try anything that day he gets one.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I tend to agree more with Anon 10:41, I think he's just messing around, all kids mess around in different ways,
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Sounds like he's already either gotten kicked out or you have changed his school, so it's an ongoing issue. I would take him to counseling. that doesn't mean he's messed up in the head, it just means that his behaivor can cause a real issue and you are taking care of it before that happens.
    Even if it is as simple as he wants to make you mad or is acting out, they will tell you that and give recommendations on what to do.
    BTW - I told my son that the only people he can kiss are mommy and daddy, no exceptions. He is 6, so i don't think he needs a big explanation right now.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2010