3yr old uti

i think my daughter has a u.t.i. but our car is broke down right now and we genuinely have no way to get to the doctor. i dont know what to do... we've been giving her a lot of water and cranberry juice... any other suggestions to help clear it up until we can hitch a ride to the doc????

rahrahsmama

Asked by rahrahsmama at 9:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• just cranberry juice and if you bathe her dont let her sit in the soapy water..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I would call a ton of people and get a ride as soon as possible. A UTI can occur for many reasons, some of them are as small as working on teaching her to wipe from front to back. I am sure you already did that, but keep reminding. Bacetria can cause a bladder infection/UTI.

Here is a link to Dr. Greene's web page about them: http://www.drgreene.com/21_1217.html

I love his site, he has a lot of very good answers!

I am going to take time to put emphasis on part of what he says, not to scare you but to show the importance of getting her in to the see the doctor, "Most urinary tract infections are best treated promptly with antibiotics to prevent possible damage to the kidneys."

Good luck hun, please let us know how she is doing.

Also, do not use bubble bath or have her sit in the tub for too long after she washes her body and hair. Anything extra in the water can cause a UTI.

Again good luck.
    <3
    Mommie_Mommie

Answer by Mommie_Mommie at 11:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• thnx! i was able to make an appointment and get a ride this evening.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• good luck momma hope she is feeling better asap!
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 2:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• thanx ladies, shes fine! we caught it right before it maybe couldve been bad.. 1st dose of meds already!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 10:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Thank you for the update. I am glad that you were able to have her seen so quickly.

Give that little angel a big 'ol hug for me!

<3
    Mommie_Mommie

Answer by Mommie_Mommie at 10:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010