Best potty training book?

Trying to find one that makes it fun and goes with the childs pace. My DD is 18 months. Don't worry, I'm not going to put a gun to her head and expect her to poop in the potty at 18 months, I just want to introduce it.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 9:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I never found books about potty training helpful, so I a can't recommend one. But remember, you know your child. Start introducing it however you can. Take her to the bathroom with you, set her on the potty before bathtime, etc. I just trained my second of three sons. I never thought this one would get trained, but my method of choice with him: BRIBERY. He loves Chinese food, asks for it everyday. So, I shut him off for a week or so, put underwear on him and said if he went potty, he'd get Chinese food. That was the week of Thanksgiving and he's had two accidents since (both right after waking up--in our house once you are in underwear, you never get to wear a diaper again, not even at bedtime).

My oldest was different. He is very visual and he likes rewards. So with him, we made a sticker chart, stuck him in underwear, and that was that. He had two accidents 6 months after training and that's it.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 10:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My DD loves the one by Karen Katz- it's a lift the flap book
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 1:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Mine has one about a little bunny learning to go potty. It's call Lift the lid, use the potty. It's a lift the flap book. She loves it. It shows baby bunny going in her diaper and it being sticky then little bunny uses the potty and it shows wipping, dumping it out of the potty into the tiolet, and washing hands. Not an ideal book if you go straight to the big potty.

Anonymous