When did you stop using crib for your baby?

When your baby was ready for toddler bed?

Proud2bJmom

Asked by Proud2bJmom at 10:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My 13 yr old, was 11 months she climbed out
    My 10 yr old was 2, she never tried climbing out.
    My 7 yr old was 1 1/2 I would say-she never climbed out.
    My only son was 1, he climbed and still does all over the place-boys will be boys...

Each child is diffrent, I say when they are ready.... IF they start climbing then it is time to get them out of the crib, you don't want them to get hurt.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My twins were 22 months and my youngest was 19 months
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• As soon as they could climb out of the crib. Son didn't climb out till he was almost 2, my daughter was a little over a year when she climbed out of her crib
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• #1 was 18ish months. but we had both set up still and she'd climb into the crib to sleep.
    #2 was 18 months she went straight to twin bed from crib.
    #3 was 18 months too

huh....never noticed that before that they all switched at the same age. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• 21 months , When she started climbing out we switched to a toddler bed . But be prepared , we had to start sleep training all over . She is even waking up in the middle of the night again . She hasnt done that since she was 10 months old. Also if you have the option of putting all of the toys in a different room I suggest it . When I try to put her down for a nap she just gets out of bed and plays with toys.
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My DD was 14 months and WE were ready for a toddler bed! LOL So we set it up and she was good to go!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• When he was 15 months.We went right to a twin size regular bed
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• #1 had just turned 2. We needed the crib for her little brother who was 10 months.
    #2 used it until he was 20 months then started climbing out so he moved to a twin mattress that was already in his room and the baby got his crib (she was 7 months at the time).
    #3 used it until she was 2 1/2 and then we took the side off to make it a toddler bed which she used until she was almost 4.
    #4 never had a crib. She slept in the pack n play until she was 23 months and then got her own bed. She didn't have a choice since she was too big for the pack n play.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• DD was 16 months when we moved her. One afternoon during nap time I was studying and heard a loud *boom*. I went into her room to see her crying and running towards the door. The crib was at the lowest setting and the side was up all the way. That weekend I went out and bought her a toddler bed.
    Anonymous

• My DD was over 3 years old before I took her out of the crib. She never tried to get out & was a perfect sleeper, so i left well enough alone. She is still sleeping in the toddler bed (front off of crib). She turned 4 in Dec. & we just ordered her a full size bed!
    Anonymous