How Do I get MY 7 Month old to sleep through the night and in her crib?

I'm A first time mommy, I think me and my hubby created a monster, she used to sleep in her crib,never through the night. But now she will not even sleep in her crib, and she wakes up atleast three times a night. any Sugestions?

jenngarcia22

Asked by jenngarcia22 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some kids are good sleepers and others aren't Mine didn't sleep through the night regularly until they were two.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son slept the entire night in his own bed (from sun up to sundown) for the very first time on Christmas eve. He's going to be 4 on Friday.

Some kids just aren't good sleepers and the only thing that will fix it is time and patience. Establishing good sleep habits and getting results doesn't happen overnight... it can and will, in certain cases, take years. Do what works for right now... if that's just putting her in her crib to start off the night and then bringing her to bed after that so you can sleep... that's OK! Nothing wrong with it.

If she's not ready for her crib right now (7 months is a majorly bad time for sleep... sep anxiety and teething and all sorts of stuff makes it hard), that's OK too! She won't be coming home to crawl into your bed after college, I promise!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Thanks for your thoughts! It truly helps. I feel much better knowing that I am not the only one with this issue. And there will be light @ the end of the tunnel. Happy New Year!
    jenngarcia22

Answer by jenngarcia22 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my son would sleep thru the night at 2 months..sometimes i'd wake up and worry he needed to eat, so i'd try to get him to eat, but he would just sleep.. by about 6 months..he was waking up alot..and ever since then he still wakes up alot..he is 18 months now..
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 1:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son didn't sleep through the night until he turned one. Then he suddenly decided around 18 months that he didn't like sleeping through the night any longer and started waking up again. He is still waking up, he's almost 21 months. I really don't think there is much you can do about it, some kids are just like that. I'm really hoping that my next one (who can come any day now) is a night sleeper!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You DID NOT create a monster. She's 100% normal for the age. Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution can help.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• "I feel much better knowing that I am not the only one with this issue."

Moms who DON'T have the issues are the odd ones out! **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I would have to ask..have you talked to her pediatrician about her sleep habbits? Is she underweight? Is she cold/hot? Does she wake at around the same time every night? My first child didn't sleep through the night until she was 9 months old, and this was because it was routine for her to wake up every few hours and want to eat. My second was 6 months old when she began sleeping through the night, and my third was 2 months old. If your daughter is a healthy weight, isn't sick, and is pretty much 'normal' then let her cry it out. I know I know..sounds really mean..but use the 10 minute rule. Let her cry for 10 minutes, if she's still crying go in her room and console her IN THE CRIB...don't take her out. When you see that she doesn't have a dirty diaper, isn't hot or cold, where there is really nothing wrong with her then tell her goodnight in a quiet voice and walk back out. Give it another 10 minutes and repeat. GL
    vsing1029

Answer by vsing1029 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2010