Colonoscopy question?

Have you had a colonoscopy? If so, did they find polyps? I had one yesterday and was so out of it due to the sedation they gave me. They told me they removed 2 polyps and some tissue from my rectum. That's all I know. I'm confused. Don't old people get polyps? I'm only 30. But I've been having major stomach issues. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope not just old people get them. You may have issues with Crohns or Colitis maybe?...when you follow up with your doctor I'm sure they will address it. Try not to panic hun.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i had a colonoscopy, but they didn't find anything. I have serious digestive problems and i am probably going to have to get another one. I don't think it is an age thing. Anyone can develop colon problems, it's just more of an issue for older adults. Have your doctor check your gallbladder function too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I got one at 27. The doctor "didn't find anything" but I think she was incompetent. I later discovered with the help of a naturopath that I have a gluten allergy.

You can try gluten-free and you will probably feel a lot better. I have a food blog daniellecooks.wordpress.com

Why is this is the "Just for fun" category? Colonoscopies suck.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• LOL ecodani...it's in the "Just For Fun" because no one responding to it in the "Health" section when I asked it 2 hours ago! Can you beleive that? And Yes, they do SUCK! lol
    Anyways, I have been diagnosed with Colitis in the past but have been in remission for quite awhile. I guess, till now. Which is why I had to have a colonoscopy.
    Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes I had one, no I didn't have polyps, however I do have diverticuli the whole way around :P Polyps are considered pre-cancerous so you really need to talk to you doctor (now that you're not out of it) to see what you need to do to avoid problems later!
    dibzz

Answer by dibzz at 9:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Why is it that all 'naturopaths' are convinced that EVERYONE has gluten and dairy allergies and if you just give it all up you'll be fine? I mean really? It's like their first line of defense. THen they'll stick you in some foot bath that changes color because of the crap they put in the water and tell you it's 'toxins' leaving your body and then they hit you up to buy some ridiculously expensive 'supplements' (that by the way have NO freakin' quality controls on content or processing).... I could go on.
    Anonymous