What kind of change do you think this will bring?

Do you think this will bring good change or bad change for our nation? I think it will bring good change and hopefully the senators who are elected won't be power hungry, work for the people and do their jobs they were chosen to do as they uphold the constitution with no compromises.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_democrats2010

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Hopefully good. Some are quiting because they see the writing on the wall. I suspect there will be more before its over.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I don't think it will bring any change. Politicians are power hungry. They may not start out that way, but it seems it always ends on that same note. Once the special interests get to them they are done. Their constituency is no longer on their radar. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• IHopefully good. Some are quiting because they see the writing on the wall. I suspect there will be more before its over.

There are more republicans quitting than democrats. The RNC chairman says not only will they NOT win the HOUSE, if they did they wouldn't know what to do with it and need to get their act together first.....and their money is the lowest its been in a decade///

I got a great idea...LET THEM ALL RETIRE....and START OVER...Maybe they should ALL see the writing in the wall

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

Agree!

sweet-a-kins

• I got a great idea...LET THEM ALL RETIRE....and START OVER...Maybe they should ALL see the writing in the wall

Agreed. Lets vote for people who will put term limits on Senators and Representatives. When Sen. Byrd celebrated 50 years as a Senator this last year it made me sick to my stomach. No person should be allowed to be in office that long.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Agreed. Lets vote for people who will put term limits on Senators and Representatives. When Sen. Byrd celebrated 50 years as a Senator this last year it made me sick to my stomach. No person should be allowed to be in office that long.

My uncle and I were just talking about this! He is a very conservative republican and I am well, NOT! lol But he was saying something about the government being corrupt and I said of COURSE it is...These reps are campaigning to KEEP THEIR CAREERS, NOT for the best situation for their people!...The PEOPLE have become a means to an END....

Its one of the few political things we agree on TERM LIMITS!!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• There are more republicans quitting than democrats. The RNC chairman says not only will they NOT win the HOUSE, if they did they wouldn't know what to do with it and need to get their act together first.....and their money is the lowest its been in a decade/// I got a great idea...LET THEM ALL RETIRE....and START OVER...Maybe they should ALL see the writing in the wall

My lord! I think this is the first time I have agreed with you on something. Write this down girls as this may not happen again..LOL

ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes, for term limits.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• If Dems are "dropping like flies," the answer should be obvious. But it's not -- in both chambers, Republican retirements, at least for now, outnumber Democratic retirements.

In the House, 14 GOP incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while 10 Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Does this mean Republicans are "dropping like flies"?

In the Senate, six Republican incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while two Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Is this evidence of a mass Democratic exodus?

Among governors, several incumbents in both parties are term-limited and prevented from running again, but only three Democrats who can seek re-election -- Parkinson in Kansas, Doyle in Wisconsin, and Ritter in Colorado -- have chosen not to. For Republicans, the number is four -- Douglas in Vermont, Rell in Connecticut, Crist in Florida, and Pawlenty in Minnesota.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010