epidural and scoliosis?

I am a L&D nurse and have talked to the anesthesiologist and they said an epidural can be done with scoliosis...but I'm terrified! I didn't have one with my son but am seriously thinking about it this time. My sister in law has scoliosis and her epidural didnt work well...and my scoliosis is worse than hers. Any of you have an epidural with scoliosis or planning on it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sorry i don't have scoliosis but if you have any fears that it might not work, then i wouldn't get it. the pain of labor can be much much worse if you are stuck in bed and if you have an epidural you will not be able to move around freely which greatly helps in dealing with pain during labor. :) i had an epidural-free labor and birth and am planning another this summer.

gl!
    Anonymous

• How about natural alternatives to medications?
    Would you like to plan to deliver without the drugs?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2010