Wanting to have a fourth child!!!!!!!!

Okay, I have three wonderful daughters. They are 9, 5, and 2 1/2. I love being a mom. Sometimes I get a little stressed and decide that I am not going to have anymore. Pretty much every 3-5 months I change my mind. I thought this time my mind was made up. I was not going to have anymore. I was done. I just knew it. Well, now I am in the mindset that I want to have another baby. I can't think of any reasons not to. I know my husband is sure I am done, but I just can't see myself not having anymore babies.
Has anyone else gone through this or am I just insane? I don't really know what to tell my husband. I keep bringing it up and then saying, "nevermind, don't want to get into that right now!" and laugh it off. Any help in this matter?

IWantLotsOfKids

Asked by IWantLotsOfKids at 11:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ask yourself WHY you want another baby. Also ask yourself if you can provide for the EMOTIONAL needs of another? People usually get so wrapped up in the $$ part but give no consideration to their potential kids emotional needs being me. As for you husband.... just tell him how you feel and if he is not on board you will just have to be happy with the 3 wonderful girls you have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Well I am the mom of 5 so maybe the wrong person to ask lol. I say if you really really want another, can afford it...long term, think college educations, and your DH is willing then go for it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Just think about your reasons (do you want to raise another CHILD, or do you want another BABY?) Think of your emotional and financial resources. Can you stretch them to include another child for the next 18 years?
    I know for me I have three kids. I sometimes think I would like to have another baby. However, for me it's missing the baby stage... after three I don't want to go through potty training, etc. all over again. I also know that financially it would put a big strain on us since our vehicle would not accomodate another child, and that in terms of time as my kids hit school age I am having a hard time getting everyone's homework/afterschool activities co-ordinated and adding another would just make that juggling act even harder. So for us, even if I can see myself with another sometimes, it makes more sense to be done since we are financially and time-wise maxed out with three!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• yep. after baby #2.

i eventually 'got over it' and then SURPRISE!!!

as soon as #3 was born I felt deep inside somewhere that yes, I was done. she was the last piece to the family puzzle. and i couldn't be happier.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• your nuts...LOL I have 3 and I basically thought we were done at two when baby 3 surprised us! We are done...3 is emotionally and financially draining. I love babies so part of me always wants another one but even if I had a 4th I don't think that would go away and three is enough expecially with this economy!
    Anonymous

• does he want one? Its not just about you?
    Anonymous