Does anyone know of a walker that will work on carpet and tile?

I don't have stairs or any sharp table corners. I know he should just roll around on the floor but with it being winter and my 2 large dog being indoors I'd rather give him a more mobile choice.

Simplyme623

Asked by Simplyme623 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• good luck finding one that works on both. I wouldn't recommend one generally, but for your purposes, it seems reasonable. Few things I can think of are the entertainers that have a seat on the outside so baby can move around it, or setting up a baby gate (I got one that was a big circle that i could open up to block areas off) to allow floor play while keeping the dogs away. I'd use push toys too if you can keep the dogs at bay for periods of time. Then just use a walker on tile/hard floors
    Anonymous

• Did you know that we live in the only industrialized country that has not banned walkers? They are dangerous, please don't get one.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I do understand that they are "dangerous" but I had one and my oldest son had one. My son is currently using an excersaucer and he makes that move around the room by rocking it so hard it scares me. I don't have doorways where I can get him the bouncer thingy and I bought him a jumper and he hated it so bad I took it back. He is very active and doesn't want to be held so I am out of choices unless there is something I am overlooking.
    Simplyme623

Answer by Simplyme623 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4810542

according to the reviews, it rolls on carpet
    Anonymous