12 weeks pregnant and has bad sinus headache

I've been taking sudafed pe that was ok by the doctor but read some things online saying it isn't safe. Now I don't know what to do....my head hurts so bad and tylenol doesn't work.

Kristina1976

Asked by Kristina1976 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I use tiger balm on my forehead, also the Head-On for sinus works good too. Something else I used when I was pg is either hot peppermint tea, or hot sour soup from your local chinese place. Pretty much anything with steam would help, not to mention good old vicks-vapo rub.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Sweetie, I feel your pain. Just went through that. Tylenol cold and sinus. Also, what really helps the pressure is Afrin nose spray. Can't use it for a long tim but it'll help for a few days. Those were on the list my doctor gave me of medicine that can be taken when your pregnant. Hope you feel better:)
    Anonymous

• My doctors always told me to just keep taking what I normally take...Sudafed or Tylenol Sinus. I took them both through my other 4 pregnancies and my kids all turned out fine. I cut back, though, and only took it when I absolutely had to.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I know this sounds crazy, but what worked for me was to take one of the "approved" medicines, drink a coke slushy (like they have at 7-11) and get a warm shower. Something about the combo of medicine, caffeine and cold of slushy and hot shower really did the trick for me. good luck.
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 12:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My doctor told me I couldn't use Afrin or Tylenol Sinus. I have this pain above my right eye that is bugging the heck out of me. When I was pregnant with my son I took nothing and he came out perfect. I'm afraid that if I take anything with this one that i will cause harm to the baby.
    Kristina1976

Answer by Kristina1976 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• try just a saline solution rinse
    mine01369

Answer by mine01369 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Try a Neti Pot or Simply Saline to help clean your sinuses out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2010