Sex life is going down hill...

Before I got pregnant all I had to do was look at my husband and he's be ready to go. Then I got pregnant and ofcourse the first trimester I was so tired and sick we hardly did it. Also, when we did I would bleed. I'm in my second trimester and now I'm ready to go all the time but he's not really interested. I was thin before my pregnancy and I obviously gained weight(im pregnant, duh), but it shows all at my belly and breast the rest of me is still pretty much the same. He's in the military and gone alot so especially when he gets back from his trips I'm READY to go! I just don't know what to think. I feel like he's not attracted to me and it hurts my feelings. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am in the exact same situation as you! I'm approaching 8 months (just started showing at 6 months) & noticed that my DH doesn't seem as interested in sex. If we do have sex, he always wants a quickie. I have only gained boobs and belly too. Guys are really visual. I think our husbands might be turned off a bit by our new bellies and the fact that their son or daughter is inside. Frankly, even though I haven't gained weight anywhere else, I don't FEEL sexy. It makes sense that they would have a hard time getting turned on. Last time I took him with me to the Dr & asked in front of him if sex would hurt the baby. I think hearing the Dr say that it's ok helped him a bit. I bought some new flowy babydolls that really umph the new cleavage & make the belly less noticeable. Thats been a hit. I tried blindfolding him the other night for foreplay and sex and he really liked that. Maybe try those ideas? Good luck!
    JaxsonsMommy23

Answer by JaxsonsMommy23 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• For most guys it isn't the fact that their wife/girlfriend is changing. It's the they're afraid they're going to hurt the baby. A lot of men think they can somehow hurt the baby during intercourse, but that isn't the case. Talk to him, try and figure out why he's not wanting to have sex with you. If it is about hurting the baby, then reassure him the baby is well protected. It can't see his penis, and he won't be able to hurt the baby.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Pounce him anyway. Tie him up if you have to.

Men get scared they might hurt us or the baby and they fake like they aren't interested. Trust me, your pregnant shape is super hot to him.

Men are actually real softies about sex and stuff. He's probably all stressed about stuff he wishes he could afford and how he feels like he can't do anything good enough. Men are shockingly tender about the baby thing.

Hold him down. he's not going to fight it. And you can always use "Here I am pregnant and you think you're going to get away?" or my personal fav "Conjugal debt! I married you and now you owe me sex!"
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• some guys are afraid to since their is a baby in there afraid theyll hurt the baby and etc...
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 1:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I agree with everyone....but I never had that problem...my hubby thought I was sexy as hell when I was pregnant...he developed a "thing" for pregnant women...he thinks they are hott now lol.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010