I have to downsize from a house to an apartment...

In the last apartment I lived in this stoner dude left some chili cooking on the stove ( 'but it was on loooow, I was just running up the street to the stooore...' DUMBASS!) I heard the sirens as I was showering and ran out of the house in my towel, thinking OMG, I don't even have any freakin CLOTHES and my apt. is about to be burned down! So naturally..I'm not inclined to live in an apt. and have my safety and my things at the mercy of some idiot..has anyone else been through something similiar? I guess that's what renters insurance is for but still...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We had someone made at some guy on the bottom floor of our apt. I came home one day and this guy was standing there with a shot gun. Well it is what I thought was shot gun. Called the cops them came and got him to the ground and pulled out two guns. Well they were just bebe guns. He shout out all the guys windows. Well two weeks later my hubby and I were coming in and the guy in the appt was yelling as he ran up the stairs. Saying he stabed me in the hand.

I have so many more stories. It was the only place we could afford at the time.
    Anonymous

• Don't know what the question is but i will input lol. Right now hubby and I live in a house we totally shouldn't have bought because we can only afford it if he is working a ton of overtime, and not only is that exhausting for him, but he just got cut down to no overtime. so basically we are either selling this house or letting it foreclose cuz we won't be able to afford it. we are downsizing but our house is already so small (1100 sq ft) that i dont think it will be a problem. we are gonna sell off extras like our guest bed and desk and china cabinet. but i think we will be able to do it. as to apartment living, yeah it sucks. i lived in an apartment a few years back in a really good neighborhood and aparently the girl next door who lived with her boyfriend had to go to the apt next to me to call 911 cuz her boyfriend was going to stab her and there was police and ambulances. and all this happened while i was at home cont.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• cont. i was at home and listening to music and had no idea... anyways lots of stuff can happen and people make noise and it sucks. my brother lived in 3 different apartment complexes in one year because one the lady had a baby next door and she let it scream all day and night and yelled at it to shutup (i know, horrible) so he moved. and the next one the water heater would go out and they never fixed it. for me the water heater is a deal breaker, if i dont have hot water, i'm suing for unliveable conditions and not paying rent and leaving quickly. i am hoping we can get into a duplex but they are wanting to charge as much as a house for those. so yeah good luck lol!!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Have you thought about renting from a private owner in a condo/townhome community instead of an apartment? Places where at least some of the tenants are owners, the community usually ends up being better because the people have an interest in keeping it up.

Answer by missanc at 12:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2010