Should I tell him his GF cheated?

So, a few years back, when DH and I were still dating, we broke up (sort of) and he ended up sleeping with this other girl. It was this big thing that he and I were eventually able to work through, but the other day I was on Facebook and, out of sheer irony, Facebook suggested I "friend" this girl he had been with. Well, out of curiousity I started looking at her page, and discovered that while this whole thing w/ my DH had been going on, she had actually been in a relationship w/ someone else (who looks eerily like my DH, but I digress...). Anyway, the other guy she was with is the father of both her children, one of which was still a baby at the time of her "transgression" w/ my DH. Its been bugging me - of course I still harbor resentment towards this girl, but should I msg her boyfriend to tell him about what happened years ago? Its pretty obvious by looking at his page that he knew nothing of it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, don't say anything, it's not your place to give him this information. He might already know, but if he doesn't then it's not your problem. I understand that you might be so angry at this woman but, really, it was years ago and you've supposedly dealt with it with your DH so, you've done your part...her relationship with this man isn't your responsibilitly.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 4:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Ugggggggggggggggggh Facebook and MySpace are the adult version of the grade school playground. GROW UP AND LET IT GO! WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO YOU TO DO THIS?
    Anonymous

• seriously it was a " few years back" THEN WHY WORRY???? Besides it wwasnt any of your bussiness then
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I am one of those people...who I still hate the girl that my high school boyfriend cheated on me with.. She is on my myspace..and I have to admit I love to see that she is in despare with her "babies daddy" ( who she cheated on my ex with..it was his best friend..so that was a little karma there) ...so if I were you I would loveee to tell this guy..

But you really shouldnt... I am guessing this was atleast a few years ago right ? And it might just be opening a whole lot of problems...he might know ( just becuase he doesnt say that she cheated on him, on his facebook...doesnt mean he doesnt know...I mean, I wouldnt put that my husband cheated on me, on my facebook) ...and then mayeb they would contact your husband and tell him what you did and he would probably be mad too....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I think you should move on and let it go...it was years ago and as long as you and your dh worked things out and dealt with it,you need to make peace with it one way or another.I have been cheated on and it sucks,but I moved on to better things in my life.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• IF you and DH have worked thru it, then you worked thru it and there is no reason to bring it up again. Put it behind you and move on. If you are wanting to open up this can of worms - then #1: either YOU really have not worked thru it, or #2: you are wanting to show this guy that you know something he doesn't, or #3: you WANT to make problems for this girl and her kids

MOVE ON! It isn't worth it.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• it could come back and bite you in the butt...what if she comes crying to your dh and he feels sorry for her...wouldnt you want to kick yourself in the ass
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No, especially if you aren't even friends with these people. Let her mess be her mess
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It's not your place to get in the middle of their relationship.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• OP - thanks, everyone. I really didn't plan on telling him (cuz really, how would I even START that conversation???), but I just wanted to hear that it wasn't a good idea from someone else. Like I said, I DO harbor resentment for this girl (she was a f***ing stripper that actually took it upon herself to CALL ME and tell me that she had slept w/ my "ex", to rub it in my face), and we still live in the same small town as her so I am constantly fearing I will run into her, but we are moving out of state soon so hopefully I will be rid of her forever!
    Anonymous