Im in the process of quitting smoking.. but....

im a complete bitch to everyone in my household. including my son. and i feel terrible! I yell at him for things I really didn't need to yell at him for. The way I see it is he's suffering just as much as me. How can I quit and be happy at the same time? I'm starting to think that maybe I should start up again :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• try the patch, wal-mart has a cheap brand. Some of it is psychological too, so if you know you are putting the patch on you feel like you are getting something. Try to find something to do to take your mind off of smoking. A lot of it is also the action of doing so. Get some lollipops or gum.
    Anonymous

• Chantix. I am smoking lately due to stress, but If my man would quit it would be so much easier...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• How many days has it been since you quit? Stay away from nicotine supplements that won't help, you just need to get it out of your system. I promise it gets easier. I have been smoke free for 3 years now and I smoked over a pack a day.
    Try reading the book The easy way to quit smoking by Allen Carr. It helped me get through the first few weeks. And being a bitch for a little bit (because it will get better and go away) is a small price to pay to be healty. Your son would rather you be bitchy then be smoking I'm sure.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• http://www.caj.ca/mediamag/awards2004/cajAwards/theAwards/08_photoJ/index.html Make sure you click on the "view photos" on the far left side....

www.ciggyfree.com/cigblog/2007/05/23/thanks-tobacco-you-killed-my-mom View the video....

Still want to start again? Hang in there momma...it's not easy but it's worth it. I am right there with you quitting as well....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It sounds to me like you're making excuses for treating your family like crap, and making excuses to not quit smoking. YOU have complete control over the entire situation! Even if you're feeling horrible, you could always choose to keep your mouth shut and make an honest to god effort not to hurt the people you love.
    I've been in your shoes before and will never smoke again just so that I'll never have to quit again. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. What will help is to avoid the things you usually do while you smoke. I even had to quit drinking coffee because I always had a cigarette with mine. I had to stay off the computer for a while, because I was used to smoking while playing on it. As soon as I thought about smoking, I made myself think of something else. When I couldn't shake the thought, I jumped on my bed like a litttle kid!
    Anonymous

• cont.
    It's stupid but everyone always ended up laughing and having a good time. Most of the time my kids jumped on the bed with me, and had a blast. I also bought some yarn and started crotchetteing an afgan. It kept my hands busy. I also gained about 10 pounds just keeping my mouth busy! I should have chewed gum, lol.

If you start smoking now, you would have put your family through all your mood swings and yelling for nothing. Also, you'll have to go through them all again when you decide to quit again. Every day after the first day get's easier by about half

You can do this! You can quit! You're stonger than you think you are!
    Anonymous

• You have to remember that nicotine is a drug that your body is used to, everyone reacts differently. Some people fly though the quiting process while others don't. It's perfectly normal for your body to have hightened emotions while going through withdrawls and anyone who says otherwise is ignorant and is just making excuses to try to make another human feel like a pile of guano. If you feel like you need to "bitch" find someone who you can call, to let you do it "to" them sometimes releasing the presure will help fight the erge. You might want to try walking , sunlight and upping your compex carbs all those can inprove your seratonin levels which will help keep you positive. Also Cranberry juice(not coctail) will help clean out your system of the nicotine. Drink water to.
    Good luck from a fellow quitter lol
    mine01369

Answer by mine01369 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010