Perimenopause question...

If you've been there & done that...when it first began did you experience cramps all month long..I mean while you were still getting your periods? I've had two periods a month for 3 month and now I'm back to once a month but with cramping ALL THE TIME..is that par for the course?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• It isn't my experience. Maybe you should be checked out by your gyn to find out if it is normal for you. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 12:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• That has not been my experience at all. When was the last time that you had your hormone levels checked?

I use a combination of black cohosh and eating at least one serving of good soy (edamame or tofu) every day.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It hasn't been my experience either but then again I had a hysterectomy before I entered menopause.  I would definitely check with my doctor.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I did have a lot of cramping as you describe. I later learned that it was due to endometriosis which I apparently developed later in life. I never had it when I was bearing children. That's what yours sounds like, but your doctor should be able to tell. I can tell you that everything that once was normal is no longer normal. Things are a'changing on an almost daily basis. I went through the process without taking hormones, and I am glad that I did. I did use some herbs and natural remedies for some of my symptoms.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010