h1n1 or the reg flu

i dont want to get the h1n1 but when i went to the dr he was scareing me with all the facts about getting the h1n1 flu while preg so no im scared i never get flu shots either even when im preg but im thinking about getting the reg flu shot what im trying to ask is by getting the flu shot will that help me from not getting the h1n1 or will it not even touch that im confused thank you all please no bashing if you dont have anything nice to say please dont im preg and dont need the extra stress

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• h1n1 and regular flu are different strains. the regular flu shot will not protect you from h1n1.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• The H1N1 is a different strand then what is included in the regular flu shot that people have been getting. Me personally would not get the H1N1. My husband and I are both not going to get it this year because i feel that it has been rushed through the trials and there has been neurological problems related to the shot. But that is just me. Good luck and i hope you get the answer you are looking for. Congrats on your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Getting the shot does not mean that you will not get it at all. It just wont be as bad.
    Anonymous

• they are two different strains and one will not protect from the other. I have heard that by you getting the flu shot while pregnant it will help decrease the chance of baby getting the flu which is a good thing since they can not give them the meds until they are several months old. Do the research, there are always side effects, and do what is best for you and your family. Good Luck.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I got the h1n1 shot and did just fine and I was only 4 weeks at the time.. I always go by what my doctor says is best, if you trust them then it shouldn't be a problem... gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

^^^ This. The seasonal flu shot does not cover h1n1. But it also doesn't cover many of the strains out each year. It's really pointless IMO. Not to mention, a heckuva lot of the h1n1 vaccines have been recalled for not being effective. If you haven't had a flu shot before, during pregnancy is NOT the time to start getting them.
    Anonymous

• flu shot manufacturers do not recommend flu shots for pregnant women.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• thank you all i have decided not to get them but then when my dr said all that it make me think but you guys helped thanks alot
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010