after a vaginal birth..when do you get your period again, or does it really vary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was put on a continuous birth control after i gave birth, so i still did not have a period until i was off of it. I think it varies and some people have told me that since they breastfed it held their period off longer.
    Anonymous

• It varies widely from woman to woman. If you are not breastfeeding, or not breastfeeding fully you can expect it back between 2 and 8 weeks after birth. If you ARE fully breastfeeding, the average return of menses is 14 months (can you say BONUS? lol).

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• depends - mine came back around 11 - 12 months after giving birth for all three. I bf'd #1 9 months, #2 5 months and #3 11 months.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It varies. With my first child, exclusively breastfed, I didn't get a period. I became pregnant again at 7 months post partum, and didn't know it due to not having a period and being on the mini pill.

With the second and third children (both exclusively BF) I got my period back before 3 months post partum.
    Anonymous

• It depends more on your choice of birth control and if you choose to nurse, than on how your baby comes into the world.
    Myself, my son nursed every two hours round the clock for twelve months and didn't use hormonal birth control. Never got my period and found out I was pregnant with our daughter when our son was 14 months old.
    My daughter nurses more like every three or four hours, with a long overnight stretch of not waking at all. Again, I'm not on hormonal birth control. I expect my period to arrive any week now.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I got mines back 4 months after birth
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I breastfed. Not exclusively because I was in school even though I tried to pump to keep up with it. She was mainly breastfed though. I believe mine came back around 8-10 months or so.
    Anonymous

• varies big time. generally if you BF it will take longer than if you don't BF but not necessarily. i BF and got my period at 8 months PP but it could be anytime from 1 month to more than a year.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• oh btw, my son also started eating solids about once per day about a month before i got my period back! i don't think that was a coincidence :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• it varies big time lol
    Anonymous