my 7 week old has a rash/pimples on her face for a week no fever what can i do to help alleviate it? i used aquafor and vasaline..not helping

rOEY802

Asked by rOEY802 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-10 Credits)
  • put a little bit of desitin or the like on it and rub it in. My daughter had it around her mouth and i put some on before bed last night and it looks much better today.
    Anonymous

• it's most likely baby acne..the but thing to do is just wash her/his face with water and a wash cloth at bath time, with no soap. that's what my dr told me, it will come and go for awhile..it doesn't bothers us more than it does them.
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 1:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Break open a vitamin E capsule and apply...or aloe vera.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 12:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 by: Anonymous
    put a little bit of desitin or the like on it and rub it in. My daughter had it around her mouth and i put some on before bed last night and it looks much better today.

i want to add to this..desitin is a NO in my house. my son would sometimes cry out more when i put it on him. one day, i had diarrhea..and my butt was getting raw from constant bathroom usage..i tried it out..and i knew then why he would cry more, and lose his breathe..cause it burnt my ass up.. i scrubbed and scrubbed that shit off.. i immediately thru out all tubes of it in my house.. even brand new ones.. i use A&D sometimes, but mostly resinol (you ask for it at the pharmacy)...I now test everything on myself.
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 1:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i want to add to this..desitin is a NO in my house. my son would sometimes cry out more when i put it on him. one day, i had diarrhea..and my butt was getting raw from constant bathroom usage..i tried it out..and i knew then why he would cry more, and lose his breathe..cause it burnt my ass up.. i scrubbed and scrubbed that shit off.. i immediately thru out all tubes of it in my house.. even brand new ones.. i use A&D sometimes, but mostly resinol (you ask for it at the pharmacy)...I now test everything on myself.

i guess it is different with everyone. my daughter never really had bad diaper rash either and when i put some on last night she only fussed because i was fussing with her. no crying, nothing, and it worked. i was given several suggestions for her face and i had the desitin on hand and nothing else.
    Anonymous

• Just gently wash the face with a damp washcloth - putting crap like that on it is only going to make it worse, if anything. It's normal, it's baby acne, and there's nothing you can do about it except keep it clean & dry.
    Anonymous