lump under skin

OKay on my inner thigh at the very top between where my under end and thigh begins there is a marble size lump under my skin. It has been there for I am guessing 6 months. Although it hasnt gone away, it changes form and size, sometimes I feels like it got smooshed, others its dime size marble, it usually doesnt hurt, but sometimes if touched just right , squeezed or pinched its a little tender. No its not an ingrown hair or a boil. Its a lump of some sort. Any ideas on what this could be? Im guessing around 6 monts at least. I have a 9 month old who was delivered by c-section, its been since he was born, but not 100% sure when it came about.

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 1:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• I cant remember what the name is but I had something like that on me while I was prego. All the doctor told me to do was to take 3 ibuprofens 3 times a day, and when I take a bath sit in shallow hot water for atleast 15 mins. I did that for 3 days I believe and mine went away.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i'm in the medical field and there are things that i just dont mess with, they are my head, my chest and any lumps. With those things i go straight to the doctor, the worse that can happen is that its nothing and i'm fine, but at least i know.
    It could be anything, cyst, lipoma, anything. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. You've known about it for so long, dont wait any longer.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like a swollen lympnode to me. If you are concerned and $$ may be an issue for a doctor visit you may be able to get an answer from your doctor as to where the nodes run. I had one in that area just alitle more private :-), It was pea sized it could have stayed but I had it removed because of discomfort. Mine did the same as yours.
    Good luck and when in doubt always talk to your doctor.
    mine01369

Answer by mine01369 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010