birthday problems? please help?

ok i have a stepson who is turning 5 on monday so like 3 weeks ago i call his mom and ask her what she is doing for his party and by the end of the phone call i was planing the whole party. so i tried to get a hold of her to talk to her about the plains and she never called me back but she went to my husbands work and told him she was doing a bowling party!(last week) that was fine but now she says for the whole party it is going to be $200 when she said that i called the bowling alley and they said for 10 kinds (that is all that is coming) it is $100 tax included so i dont know what she is doing but i have not given her any money for the party and she keeps asking me for it . what do you think i should do?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First of all if she and you talked she should of gotten back to you not your husband with a result. So that way both of you could have talked about who was paying what. But as for paying her back don't pay her back less she shows you a reciept . and tell your husband not to give her any money unless he see's a receipt too. (after all if she's upset that she paid it all .it's too late now. she should of gotten back to you .)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think you should ask to see the receipts that way you can split all the bills in half. Unless your paying all of it then I would definitely ask to see the receipts.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• the thing is i was going to pay for the party when i was plaining it because no body was doing anything for him but she never got back to me and she started plaining this bowling party i dont know what to do i have told my husband that he has to deal with it but it is like he is scared of her and doesnt want to talk to her
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Tell her you're going to pay for the bowling alley direct since you want to pay by check and she can cover the rest of the costs. You might want to have a birthday cake waiting in the wings just in case she doesn't bring one as well as some punch. You can always eat the cake later if she brings one.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Was she factoring in anything extra? Extra food, goodie bags, the cake?
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 7:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010