Have you ever been raped and gotten pregnant and kept your baby?

I have! I filed for divorce from my ex-husband. Had not had sex with him in over 6 mos. Was hiding from him. He found me, beat me, and raped me. That was the only time I ever got pregnant by him. I was devastated when I found out. I didn't know what to do. I wanted him out of my life and knew with a baby, that would never totally happen. He was very abusive to me and beat me all the time. I finally got a chance to move on and leave my past behind me, then I found out I was pregnant by this monster. I decided to keep my baby. It was MY baby...not his! He was just the sperm donor. I always wanted to be a mommy...just never planned it this way. This Saturday, THAT baby, my beautiful daughter, will be 8 yrs. old! I am now remarried and just had a beautiful baby boy with my awesome husband 7 mos. ago. I was just curious if anyone else has kept their baby from a rape. I'll never tell her how she was conceived...I love her!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• yup and it was done the same way you got pregnant. I'm answering anon bc my dd is a CM member
    Anonymous

• No i havent, but if i was i wouldnt keep the baby..
    Unless i did know the rapist, and it was like my husband, or ex husband ect.. like you both seem to... if it was a stranger raping me, i wouldnt for sure.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• That's such a sad story with a beautiful ending. I am sorry for what you went through but so glad you have a wondeful daughter to show for it- you should be so proud of your strength as a woman and a mother. It is inspiring.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010