Where do I start?

I need to lose a lot of weight but I really don't know anything about healthy eating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Start with drinking water, cutting out salt and sugars. Water is very important. Start walking. Then when you get that down start cooking high protein low car meals. You will be amazed how much weight you lose that way. Oh yea three small meals aday and 2 snacks. Its important that you eat 5 times a day. Snacks like almonds stuff like that.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• carb**
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• The two things I did that made a huge impact are 1. borrow books from the library, don't get fad diet books but truly healthy eating books. 2 join a weight loss group here on CM. I got the abs diet book from the library and really liked the idea so i joined the abs diet group on CM and asked question of those who have used it. Find something you think you can realistically do then join a group so you have support. I have found with this diet its not really a diet its just eating healthy and even my kids love the food i make, i tried out recipes ahead of time before officially starting it just to make sure it was something i could stick with, I also joined the gym on temporary membership to try it out and see if i could stick with it and if i was comfortable enough to go everyday. So far so good i love it.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I started with keeping a food journal online. Its really easy and it shows me exactly how many calories I am getting as well as how much sugar, carbs, protien, ect. that I am consuming. It has helped me make better choices in eating. Plus I do Wii Fit Plus every day. Even if its just for a 20 minutes a day. Its better than nothing. Good luck with your weight lose!
    Anonymous

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 7:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010