How do you mop?

Do you just use a mop to clean the floor, or do you ever get on your hands and knees to clean? I was watching some show and they said that when u use a mop, that you're just pushing the dirt around on the floor or up against the wall and so now when I mop it's in the back of my head and I did notice it. Sometimes I'll take a paper towel and wipe up against the wall or the sink if I see some dirt or debris that came off the mop or something.

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 1:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I mop and then I go over it with a swiffer....At my dads house I had to get on my hands and knees and clean the floor that way. He had cheap lonlium? and it didn't clean well.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I have a swiffer wet jet. We don't allow shoes in the house and with my vacuum and wet jet it stays pretty clean. I have hardwood floors in the kitchen, living room and hallways. And then stone. It is true that if you use a mop it is just spreading all around. I think that's why the big craze is the disposable pads or the washable clothes you can put in the washer and reuse.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i buy those cheap mops from the dollar store and only use them 2 times and toss them!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I get on my hands and knees in the kitchen and baths. For our wood floors I use the swiffer wet jet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I scrub on my hands and knees in the kitchen. Everywhere else I just use the Swiffer wet as well.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:36 AM on Jan. 8, 2010