What to do about this....

Ok I have an aquaintance (she is a neighbor and I work w/ her husband) who over the past year has lost a good bit of weight, about 50 lbs. Which is great - I am not a "hater' or the envious type of chick - I am always happy for people when they do better.

Here is the situation, EVERY TIME I see her all she can do is talk about how skinny she is, what size jeans he has to buy cause nothing fits and then shows me her belly button and her scar because she just had a tummy tuck.

Ladies I am not talking about this happened once or twice...EVERY time - 3 times this week!

Do I ignore her?: Feed into it? What I usually say is Wow, thats great.

Thanks!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• "LOOKS THE SAME AS LAST TIME YOU SHOWED ME. YOU REALLY NEED TO GET OUT MORE...."
    THAT SHOULD SHUT HER UP.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'd start to ignore it.. you have fed into it long enough.. just change the subject without being rude..
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes, tell the lady she's starting to sound like a broken record! Can't she talk about anything or anyone else besides herself?
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• OP: Apparemntly not. She is 43 and I believe going throught some sort of mid-life thing where she NEEDS to be "Hot" and hang with her 18 year old daughter. LOL, I am 43 and just had my first baby
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• How annoying, just ignore it and change the subject or start bragging about how great your boobs look now, lift up your shirt and show her ...either that or hide behind a bush next time you see her coming!
    Anonymous