Donating eggs?

Have any of you ever donated eggs? Would you? Why or why not?
If you have, what was your experiance like?

KristaRene

Asked by KristaRene at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes I have. I raise chickens and always have more eggs then we can eat.
    Anonymous

• A friend of mine did.. she got 5 or 6,000 each time and could do it 5 times i believe? it evened out to be 30,000 dollars.. She payed for her car, her school (EMT school), and a boob job!!
    I would def. do it, but When she was doing it I smoked and wasnt able to.. I have since given up smoking and am pregnant myself :) maybe eventually i will.. its ALOT of money and it is really helping people out who want children
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i thought about it but at the time i was thinking on it i kept misscarring and thought my eggs wasnt good but im now pregnant and everything is going good im due in July and so i might go a head and do it
    Anonymous

• I would NEVER do it... I love the price for it, but i can't imagine loosing a part of me, and having it raised by someone else... now on the other hand i'd gladly be a surrogate.. but DH won't let me
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think the *idea* is wonderful. Wanting to give a gift of a child to someone who can't have children otherwise is beyond generous. However I struggle with the idea of Donating Eggs, Sperm and Surrogacy taking away the miracle of pregnancy and children. It makes us sound like a "Human Making Body Shop"...I don't know if that makes sense. The child created through these means would be just as precious as any other child, no doubt about that. But what if it gets out of control eventually? I just have a terrible picture in my mind of an institutionalized baby making farm. I can't say that I would ever do it. I wouldn't judge anyone that chose to do it...but I'm not sure if I'd support it. Children are a gift from God. I feel like it's not our gift to give.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2010