8 year old daughter not on grade level in school

Must rule out learning / and or physical disability ... not certain what direction (s) to go next ... have scheduled for lead testing; hearing ... what resources are available in Baltimore or surrouding counties ... any advise / suggestions will be greatly appreciated ...

MAMABRIDGETT

Asked by MAMABRIDGETT at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I wish I could help you it started then for my daughter, to find out she was picked on alot, and I mean alot..

She has been picked on alot only has a few friends, sometimes I think she just ignores it or it don't effect her anymore, because she is friendly with everyone, even though sometimes they look at her weird, she is a good kid.

She is now in 7th grade, and they say she don't have a learning disability.

If you figure it out let me know.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Maybe she just needs extra reinforcement of the materials? Have her play educational games/do worksheets etc at home.

Maybe she needs her eyes and ears checked?

Anonymous

• It could be as simple as she learns in a different way. Some kids are book learners which unfortunately is what most schools teach and others are hands on. Try reenforcing the school lessons with common sense learning. I learned how to do % by my mom taking me to the store and having me figure out how much a shirt would cost.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I Agee with Anon 3:19. I do,and also with baconbits. those two suggestions are what I was about to advice you too.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2010