Tea for Toddlers?

So, it never occurred to me to give a child tea but I read the label on one of the fruity teas I got from teavana and it said "Great for Kids." Its true...it is a naturally fruity flavor without all the sugar of juice. I gave my daughter Chamomile tea today right before her nap...she really seemed to like it. Anyone know of any reason not to give a toddler tea? Any suggestions on other types?

ANGIE409

Asked by ANGIE409 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i give my kids tea all the time! they love it! traditional medicinals makes a few kids teas like tummy comfort and cold care. celestial seasonings also make a lot of caffeine free teas. chamomile is my 3 year olds favorite.

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• the only thing i can think of is that tea has caffeine naturally, decaf would be good though, I don't see a problem with it other than that,
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 2:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My kids get herbal teas, and the rare occasional regular tea. I don't have a problem giving it to them. Like you said, it's better than a lot of the other crap beverage options out there! I just don't do it a lot.
    Anonymous

• I can see the caffeine thing but all white and green teas are naturally caffeine free and so are a lot of herbal teas. Thanks
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010