what happens when your child has an asthma attack?

So I was just wondering exactly what happens when your child/children have their asthma attacks? My 1 year old sweats becomes very lethargic and sleeps in between his coughing, (for only a few seconds of course) and nothing helps him. I was just curious if this is typical or if it is better/worse than other childrens attacks.

Mommyof2n0308

Asked by Mommyof2n0308 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My son and I both wheeze and he coughs until he throwsup.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son will start out coughing, then he gets pale and sometimes turns blue about the lips. This usually makes him very tired and he takes a nap after the episode has passed.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son wheezes real bad and will begin to cough, But before coughing he scratches at his throat a lot. Our pulmonologist handed us a booklet on it and we have found that things he does that we thought was just him being different were signs of an attack coming on. We just didn't put 2 and 2 together. But there are handbooks and TONS of info about asthma out there! Ask your pulmonologist!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 6:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010