Should someones facebook be their own to add who they want, or should they be obligated to add anyone who asks whether they speak to them in person or not?

Dawn07

Asked by Dawn07 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I add people I know to Facebook. No one should be forced to add anyone they don't know.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I used to limit who I added based on who I actually spoke to but then I realized that often people who add me know someone who I would like to get back into touch with...and I frequently find them via that person...so for the most part, I just add whoever and then limit who can see all my stuff.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I have denied one person twice. I do know him, but I do not consider him a friend at all. Apparently I hurt his feelings, but I don't care. This does make for an uncomfortable situation though since he is friends with a lot of my husband's relatives who I have accepted as friends.

Another person I did not know requested me as a friend, and I denied him also.
    Anonymous

• The person knows me, but doesnt talk to me in real life. She sent me a request then immediately wanted to know why I hadnt added her yet and to let her know if I was going to add her, so she could stop trying to be my friend, (remember she doesnt talk to me in real life), Now I feel obligated to add her.
    Dawn07

Answer by Dawn07 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I only add people I actually get along with and know on a personal level.. Not just someone that I knew that popped out of the woodwork just because they found me on facebook.. I see some people that I went to school with and I swear they went through the yearbook and added them just because we went to school with them,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You have the privilege to accept or deny anyone you want.....it's YOUR facebook page......enjoy
    momof2wneeds

Answer by momof2wneeds at 2:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• you know...so the person wants to be your friend...let them be your friend. delete them whenever you want if they dont talk to you. i've done it and they havent said anything yet lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I only add people i know on facebook
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 2:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No one is obligated to add anyone to their Facebook or an other social networking site. If I don't know a person, they don't get added to my friends list. I do have people on my friends list that I don't talk to in person, but they are people that I was friends with in high school or the past. Some live out of state and it's the only way we correspond.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Um it's yours, why should you be obligated to add people
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2010