If you won the lottery...

What would you do? Who would you help out? And who do you say no to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pay off my bills, buy a fairly nice home...bigger anyway, for the family -- pay off my parent's home. Make sure my siblings had good transportation,..

I probably wouldn't make it very public about my winnings, there are some organizations that I would specifically donate to, but it certainly wouldn't be a free-for-all.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how much it is. If the amount was 10 million we would continue working and saving. Our home is paid off we actually paid cash for it. We do the same with cars so we could just invest all the money. We already give 15 percent of our take home to charity so that is more than enough. I would not give to anyone new and would certainly watch who my friends were. If we won like 100 million or more then we would quit working.
    Anonymous

• I would help myself and family first, then I would help friends. I would help any cause that is near to me. My brother has Juvenile Diabetes, so I am sure I would donate to the research for that. I am sure there are local charities I would help, as well as the school my children attend.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• 1st, of course, would be my little family, 2nd, our IMMEDIATE family, 3rd, GOOD friends, Donate to St. Jude's for the all sick kids. I don't know what else. But, if people I haven't spoken to or seen in years I'd tell them NO.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Keep it to my self duh. Pay off bills, buy food. buy a new car, buy a house, buy clothes, save the money for emergency and make a acct at a bank so it keeps making more money. whatever the heck those things are called. Nope i would not help anyone because my mom doesnt know how to use money well.
    Anonymous

• Sad as it sounds charity begins at home. My family will come first and the rest goes into savings for my grand children's college education.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I hope I win the lottery....I would pay off all my school debts.....ALOT......and all other debts.....buy my dream home and live comfortably...and work too! I'd help my mom and dad and my very good friend......the rest I would save for my children and for whatever the future called for. :)) One can only dream!! lol
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• If we won we would pay off all debts and loans, remodel our home inside and out, purchase another used vehicle (we don't like new), and take a short trip someplace nice.
    We would help out a few organizations we feel passionate about, set up funds for our children and granddaughter, give some money to some close family and a close family friend, and see about having a public park & playground built in our town for the kids to play at.
    We would not give money to people who ask, including charities and lost relatives who call on the phone, and there would be no way in hades that I would see a dime go to anyone on my side of the family (father, brothers, and their families).
    I would pay to have a new caretaker at my Grammy's cemetary and for someone to keep hers, my mom's, and my little brother's graves kept nice, clean, and decorated with their favorite fresh flowers.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010