Designer Babies - If you could choose the sex, colour of hair/eyes of your baby, Would you?

If you could choose to pick particular features of your baby would you. I am more interested in whether you would change things such as intelligence, eye colour, hair colour, gender etc as opposed to diseases etc.

Thanks :)

keyaziz

Asked by keyaziz at 3:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No I would not. I think it is all in God's hands on how our children turn out.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 3:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No I love the surprise at the end and then not know what baby will look like. I love watching them grow and change. What fun would it be if you knew.
    Anonymous

• no..but i always imagined what my child would look like..i thought my son would have blonde hair and big blue eyes. I would dream about it all the time and to my surprise he turned out to be blonde with big brown eyes...only my grandma has brown eyes nobody on his dad's side at all has them.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No, I wouldn't pick anything,I like surprises and besides if I did choose I would spend all my time wondering what they would have looked like if I didn't choose.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• no! thats Gods job!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 3:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son is only 12wks old, but already I love being surprised with everything - his size, his hair (which to our surprise is turning a reddish-brown!), etc. The only thing I did NOT want to be surprised with was the gender. I asked for confirmation after I received my amnio so that I was 100% sure of what I was having. I'm not sure why, but that was never something I wanted to be surprised with come delivery day. I'm not sure if I'd want to PICK it though, because had we been able to do that we'd have a little girl right now instead of a little boy - & honestly I couldn't imagine not having a son now!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i can't even choose a name let alone which gender, etc i would "want" :) like right now i can't even decide if i "prefer" a boy or a girl. and i love that eye color/hair color is left up to genetics, it makes it fun :) i say that i hope this baby has blue eyes since my son has my brown eyes, but really i think it's more exciting to just have to wait and see what baby is born with and then what they change into later.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• This question reminds me of Gattaca and how one child was a natural conception while his brother was a designer baby every time his parents would say it they would put their head down in shame. He could only be a janitor while the sky was the limit for his brother. I like the fact my guys were just born the excitement of waiting for them and never knowing yes my youngest child had cancer but we also learned from it.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• no i would want it to just come out the way it was to be and thats what would make them them and i wouldnt want anything to change that i dont want to put for them what they have and what they dont if you do that are you going to make the like somethings and not aloud to like other things no cause that what makes them them Right
    Anonymous

• I would not. My husband is blond with blue eyes and I wanted my kids to be as well. They both got my brown eyes, but now when I look at them- I think they are perfect and can not imagine them any different- so you don't know what you really want!
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 4:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2010