Do you like to play devil's advocate?

Do you like to take the opposite side of the debate on here? There are so many heated questions and when only one side of the debate seems to be presented, I like to take the other side and try to open minds. No, I'm not tring to incite rage! I'm not egging people on, though it may seem that way. Just trying to get people to realize that there are other opinions and that theirs is not always the only right way to think. And that there may be more to every situation. Do you ever do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Some times when another side is presented it gives a person a chance to see another side. I have found that some times during a debate points are brought to my attention that I did not see or thought of because I was seeing it only from my side. A person who is only willing to see one side and is not willing to even consider that there is anothe view point is usually too closed minded to let another view in and are usually a waste of time. I like pointing out other view mainly because I like to hear other people thoughts, even when I don't agree with them. If we agreed on everything and thought all a like that would be a real boring world.
    jlbohannon

Answer by jlbohannon at 10:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• yes i often do...i try to look at every perspective
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• if i spelled that right.
    shay1130

• I used to do this all the time in my online Ethics course for college. I am quite sure I got on everyone's nerves, but the professor because I kept any debate going. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• some issues i will totally agree on but i will try to point out other points
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• sometimes- but I'm all for it ...

:)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No I state what i truly feel and if that happens to be on the side people are against so be it lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I like to be honest and truthful in anything I write on here.....so if that means that im opposing the general consensus then so be it. I don't ever argue or fight....in fact I never go back and read what anyones written after me.....LOL
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I usually ignore those posts, I doubt anything I say will change any minds.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 8:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010