One of my twins still wets the bed, how can I help him with this problem?

We have (well I have) tried to not give my boys anything to drink before bedtime, and make sure they use the restroom before laying down for the night. My husband goes agans't anything I try to to to help our kiddos out. I raised my oldest on my own, then came the twins and I raised all 3 of them on my own since the twins were 2. I know what I'm doing, but he doesn't help me out.

BJJJJ

Asked by BJJJJ at 3:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• wake him up...drag him to the bathroom if you have to about 3 hrs after he falls asleep and have him pee. Then drag him back to his room. It is tiring at first but easier than changing sheets.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• How old is he? Put him in a pull up. there really is nothing you can do. Believe me, I've done it all. My son wet the bed until he was 14. I woke him, tried the alarm, tried the pills, restricted drinks. Some kids just sleep very deeply and their bladders are small. Good luck.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I guess it would depend on how old your son is... If he is still a tot, I would think its normal to have accidents at night. If he is older, it may be a medical condition. I continued to wet the bed as a child and my Dr. discovered that my bladder had not grown/developed with my body. He did a test that forced liquid into my bladder and then measured its size using a sonogram. He said that if the bladder didn't grow within a certain period of time, he would have to surgically stretch it. Luckily, it grew! Phew! My cousin had the same problem. Anyway, check w/ your Dr. Also, my Dr. gave me an alarm that I fastened to my underwear and it was triggered by moisture. So, if I began to wet at night, the alarm would go off. It didn't work for me, but it may be helpful for your little one.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• try no beverages after 6 pm. there are bed wetting alarms. depending on why this is an issue, chiropractic adjustments can help.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son is 5 and still wets the bed every few days....I've restricted drinks, make him pee before bed, long after he's fallen asleep and to no avail. I just hope he can get through it as well....good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• I appreciate all your help, my son is 4. He is the youngest of him and his twin by a minute. His twin don't have this problem, so I'm thinking maybe it's just him. Oh and I ment to put "took care of all 3 boys on my own since the twins were born til the twins were 2 years of age.
    BJJJJ

Answer by BJJJJ at 4:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2010