What to do about bedtime?

I was in a situation when I had my child where we had to stay in one room. There was not enough room to put up her bed. After she got out of her cradle she slept with me. Now we are in a better situation but still no room for a baby bed, plus she is 20 months old, probably too old for a baby bed anyway. She is used to sleeping with me. How do I get her out of my bed and into her own?

Tot3

Asked by Tot3 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get a toddler bed and out her in it and keep putting her in it if she gets out until she gets the point.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• put not out sorry my typing sucks
    truealaskanmom

• I'm assuming since you said there is still no room for a baby bed that you are in a situation where she has her own room? If that is the case you might want to start laying down in a regular bed with her in her room till she falls asleep then gradually work your way out of her room. Toddler beds are good but might not last long enough to make it worth the purchase. Mine switched to twin bed at 2 because he wasn't sleeping well in the toddler bed anymore. Start out laying with her till she falls asleep. Then work into sitting by the bed while she falls asleep and greadually work your way out as time goes on. You can try cold turkey switching but if that doesn't go well then this might be a good alternative.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 4:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010