why should i not vaccinate my baby?

im so confused - should we vaccinate or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If you're seriously interested in the argument against vaccination please send me a private message and I'll send you some info so you can do your own research on the matter.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Really do your research before you make a decision, even if you have to postpone your babies vaccines until you are fully sure of what you want to do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I personally don't think that's a decision for others to make. I have my son on an alternate schedule and he has been doing AMAZING on it. They are just more spread apart and make it a lot easier on the baby and the parents. Here's a link to the pages you should be looking at:
    http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/labels/Alternative%20Vaccine%20Schedule.asp

These are the two books that i got, they are REALLY imformative. I found it all helpful, i thing it's really worth investigating.
    http://www.amazon.com/Vaccine-Book-Making-Decision-ebook/dp/B000SHOJWA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262813706&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-About-Childrens-Vaccinations-ebook/dp/B001I3BQUQ/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262813706&sr=8-13
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• AGREE WITH COALA...................

I am telling you the MEDIA is awful and harsh when it comes to this. YOU WILL BE PRESSURED....RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH your heart out.................

My first one was fully immun. cause I had NO CLUE.. 2nd one up until she was 9 mnths. I quit when I started researching all that NASTY things they put in them.....

3RD one NEVER EVER has had a shot or dose of MED....(excluding ty.) Everything has been NATURAL healing when he has been sick. And he really hasn't been sick. (runny nose, yes probably teething. ear aches, yes probably teething) BUT with CHIRO and natural items for the health food stores, he is my happiest baby ever...........

GOOD LUCK MOMMA!! You can message me about things I use.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 4:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• gotta be careful with this and let your pediatritian know what you're considering. There's alot of nasty diseases out there that have been virtually wiped out thanks to vaccines......and these are some horrible diseases. Ultimately its your choice but consider and weigh out your options....many of these illnesses, diseases and sicknesses are deadly and debilitating. good luck
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.
    Good luck

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Certainly research the issue - but I do get that one problem is there's so much information, some of it contradory, out there how do you know how to evaluate it? I think the best thing is to figure out exactly what concerns you about vaccines - figuring out the question is a big part of finding an answer. Then talk to your doctor about it - what your concerns are - and see what options you have for addressing those concerns.

Personally, I think vaccination is a good thing. I understand the benefits to my children and society as a whole outweigh the risks. We make these discisions based on the available medical information. Luckily I'm married to a scientist who knows how evalute the information (and so I realize scientists are not in a conspiracy to poison children or are too dumb to recognize others are.)
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I don't. Ingredients are bad (formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum, etc), possible adverse reactions are bad (seizures, arthritis, death, diabetes, etc), and the decline in death rates of these diseases happened before mass vaccination started. I have references.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'd also recommend research - but make sure you look at benefits as well as risks. Anyone who claims vaccines are not effective against disease or are not responsible for the reduction of the disease occurance are in denial of science. That would indicate a non-credible source to me. There are some scary things in vaccines - but if you look at what's in water and food even in the air that's even scarier. I did read that the formaldehyde in vaccines is the same as that in our bodies (I didn't even realize we had formaldehyde in our bodies - but we do!) And bad reactions are possible - but not likely. And some of the stuff they claim is caused by vaccines like autism - that's been shown not to be true. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1444732/To_Vaccinate_or_Not_to_Vaccinate

Use this to help you do your own research. This is a decision that every family has to make for themselves and not based on what others say.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010