How do you keep your bath mat in the tub clean?

When I clean the bathroom I clean everything of course but for some reason I notice the bath mat gets so dirty especially underneath the mat (kind of moldy looking) eeww! I usually throw it away and buy a new one but is there a way to keep it fresh looking always?

How or what do you do?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do you mean the one outside the tub? if so I pull it up and we use a towel that is made for stepping out of the shower on (bless my grams for teaching me about those lol)

If you mean the one in the tub we always pull ours up after the shower/bath and attach it to the wall it dries really well, my MIL hangs hers on a bar in the shower, I dont have a bar so we use the wall.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Attach it by using the suction cups? Or...?
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• We pull it up and stick it to the wall. Every once in a while I will run a little water in the tub and add some belach; I'll leave it to soak for an hour or longer and then rinse it.
    Anonymous

• I USED TO STICK MINE ON THE WALL INSIDE THE TUB ALSO AFTER TAKING A BATH BUT IT GOT TO TH POINT That I WOULD CLEAN IT AND IT WOULDN'T COM OFF SO I THREW AWAY!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• they can be laundered,both the tub one and the one outside the tub.Just don't put it in the dryer! lol!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i have a bathroom brush and I scrub it with cleaner and rinse it.......i do this every other week and have never had a problem with mold....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i dont because i dont use one
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• It is mold, after someone uses the tub, take the mat up, drape it over the side of the tub bottom up and leave it dry. Also, if you have a shower curtain be sure to leave it spread out so it will dry. Bleach will remove (and kill) the mold fairly easy on either one.
    dibzz

Answer by dibzz at 9:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2010