Promises, promises....

While on the campaign trail, Obama REPEATEDLY stated that he would have the Healthcare negotiations televised SPECIFICALLY on C-Span a number of times, to encourage citizen involvement and to increase the transparency on the whole process.

Has this simply become ANOTHER one of his empty promises? Or did those who voted for and continue to support him not really expect him to be a man of his word? How's that change working out for you?!

http://www.breitbart.tv/the-c-span-lie-did-obama-really-promise-televised-healthcare-negotiations/

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 4:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If the progressives can pass the shift of power which permeates the "health care" reform bills, then they really don't care what citizens do later in reaction to it. It will be in place. And they have the progressive judges installed in state and federal courts to prevent a legal challenge to the blatantly un-Constitutional regulations in it.

I don't think they are worried at all about the thing being repealed by both Houses of Congress.

And, although citizens may well mount efforts to remove the regulations, it will take years. And meanwhile those in power will be collecting the fees & taxes and pretending to save the $$ until 2014 when health care benefits begin ... and if you believe they won't be using that $$ to cement political power, then you probably believe that the remainder of stimulus $$ which has not been officially spent (80%! ) is NOT being used for bribes and paybacks.

Obama: the last American Prez ?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Political Cartoon by Gary Varvel

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• HAHAHAHAHAHA....LOVE the cartoon. And I REALLY think this a broken promise that is going to bite him in the butt later!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• He promised transparancy on this at least 8 times.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Oh, c'mon y'all! You know this is just a huge conspiracy or something. He might have said he would put all the debates and stuff on C-SPAN, but he didn't mean ALL of them. And, Nancy Pelocchio said that this has been a real open and transparent process, the most open ever!!!!!!! Don't any of you believe her, at least? Besides, I'm sure that this is all Bush's fault somehow. With enough time, I feel positive that they can find a way to blame the C-SPAN promise on Bush so that Mr. O can keep his hands clean...
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• *sigh* More change I can't believe in.

The really, truly sad part is, IMO, Obama was still the lesser of two evils and I would vote the same given the same choices.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 5:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I voted for Obama, and I am non-partisan with no party affiliation. Let's think with some common sense here.......NOT ONE PERSON IN OUR GOVT IS CLEAN.....we all know this people...so y sit here and complain about it...we've known it since we were kids and now as adults.....haven't we learned this yet??? Get over it, politics is corruption....PLAIN AND SIMPLE...over and out!
    Anonymous

• Man, if he just kept his promises I think more of us could muster up an once or two of respect for the man. This one I am really dissapointed in..... it would have been such a huge step foreward to keep our citizens actively involved and would do a lot more to allay the fears about this health care reform.

It's a shame, just a shame.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• .NOT ONE PERSON IN OUR GOVT IS CLEAN

That's a bit sweeping.............

Dims are always expounding that everybody stinks and all is hopeless.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Obama: the last American Prez ?

***
    Hmmmm....maybe then the US willl fall under "CZAR" rule!!! There certainly are plenty of them!!! LOL *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2010