neighborhood outcast

what would you do if you were the neighborhood outcast and you knew nobody liked you how would you resolve this???if even acting on your best behavior you were still being critiqued??? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Well what did you do to become the neighborhood outcast?
    Anonymous

• I'd say fk em~! Who cares what the neighbors think!!! Maybe their a bunch of self righteous , sanctimonious, judgemental a'holes that aren't worth your time anyway!
    Anonymous

• long story but basically someone is slandering my name,and everyone believes her.we went to the police to see if we could get her for harrassment but they said it was hard to prove and you need definite proof.now i feel like i am in a no win situation.where everything i do i am being critiqued for....good or bad...
    Anonymous

• Why do you care what other people think of you and yours? If you are good, decent, law abiding people-let 'em think what they want. Sounds like there probably isn't much you could do to get your name clean again.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'm not burdened with worrying about what people think of me. You can always sue for slander...if you can prove it. But just be the person you are and don't worry about what others think It has NO BEARING on your life. The court of public opinion has NO jursidiction.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• What did you do to tick them all off?
    Anonymous

• Who cares. If what she is spreading around isn't true don't worry about it. She's the one with a problem.
    Anonymous

• Give it time. Seriously, just be you and be kind and nice and rise above it. In time everyone will see that you're not what that other person said. It won't even take that long. People reaaaaaaaaaaally don't care that much about other people's crap, ya know? If you try to address it, you'll just look kinda crazy.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I can't imagine my neighbors being united over anything.

Invite everyone over for coffee and dessert; bake some fantastic cookies.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• If you're just renting consider moving out early. Or better yet leave the neighbors alone and just live your life w/o having any interactions with them. You can't convince people of anything and they're free to think whatever they want. I think what messes a lot of people up is thinking that people have to like them, or the need to make them see the truth. People will be people and not everyone will want to like you right or wrong, good reason or not. Let them keep speculating about you and act as if your not bothered by it.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2010