Is it safe

I'm 8 days post pardum after having my son and i'm wondering if it's safe to vacuum
i've heard it's not and you cana hemmorage and all kinds of horrible stuff

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• RELAX. You just had a baby. The vacuuming will wait.

If you were told to stay off your feet...do it. Been there done that with not listening to that bit of advice...it was NOT a good thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i was movin around like nuthing happened 3 days after its all up to how u feel i just couldnt sit right for like 2 weeks
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• By the way..if it REALLY needs doing...that's admission to see the baby for your next visitor. When someone says, "Let me know what I can do," have a list of chores that you need assistance with for the next few weeks.

Your role is not to be housekeeper and hostess now...you are to be waited on. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i vacuumed the day i came home from the hospital. i was fine. if you feel up to it, i'd say go ahead. i think it depends on each individual. i had easy deliveries and felt back to normal within a week.... so again i think it depends on the person. i know heavy lifting is said to cause possible hemmorage... so i wouldnt lift the vacuum. (but fyi, i lifted heavy things and i was fine) do what you feel like you can.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• LOL I was also up and doing stuff like it was nothing. I couldn't stand laying around! HOWEVER, if you have a health risk, DON'T DO IT! :-) Ask the DH/SO to do it for you! :-)
    Anonymous

• yea it just depends on u and how the labor went like mine as soon as the epidural kick in she was coming out so i didn't feel anything

honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• go ahead and vacuum if you feel up to it!
    Anonymous

• listen to your body! if it hurts, stop! really, i didn't ask for household help until pregnant with twins, #3 and #4. too proud or embarrassed before that. Like pp, when people offer help...let them!

Congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2010