what would you do?

I've raised my step kids since they were 3,6, and 7 years old. Their mom(sold drugs,used drugs got arrested,abandoned them) hadn't seen them for ten years. They just found her on facebook.She has made alot of broken promises to them already.Anyway, the daughter and I were close until her mom started tellin her, that's your house you can do whatever you want.The daughter has started sneaking boys in the house and my hubby and I have a 11 year old and he sees this. My husband got on her about it once, she apologizied and did it again the next day. I let him know this, he's question me," did you see him ,how do you know," like I was lying. I hung up the phone and said all I can do is tell him. She made it like I was the liar and he believed her. Later that night,I left the house to get some air,he called me and said when would i be home, he heard my girlfriend in the background and hung up on me , wouldn't pick up when i called

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's important not to let this woman come between you and your DH. It's his responsibility to let her know that the kids have rules and she should not encourage the children to break them. She should not encourage the children to do things that are unsafe. He needs to have that talk with her.

I would swallow the shit and tell DH Sorry, I screwed up and got upset. Even if you don't mean it. Because you and he need to be on the same team: team super parents.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Take pix of the bf being sneaked in. That way there is no doubt. A picture speaks louder than words sometimes

Answer by admckenzie at 5:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Thanks ladies, both of those answers are helpful. I'm tryin so hard not to have resentment towards the step daughter for doin it and my husband for not clampin down on her but i'll take your answers in to consideration. Thanks.
    Anonymous